Tuesday 3 September 2013

Autumn

Image one and two found via Pinterest, source unknown - third image is my mom-in-law's hand picked and homemade apple and blackberry pie.

The arrival of September [where has this year gone?!] signals the arrival of Autumn. As much as I love the warmth of the summer sun, I've been looking forward to Autumn and here's why:

> the leaves on the trees starting to change colour and the crisp and crunch of them under your Wellies when you walk. 

> blackberry picking and crumble making. And using up the glut of apples in our garden. How amazing does this recipe look?!

> making masses of soup to eat for lunch. I made 18 portions this weekend one. Favourite? Sweet potato ad butternut squash. Heaven in a bowl. 

> Sunday morning walks around the fields. The dogs love getting muddy

> crisp dry mornings lying in a warm bed with your head poking out in the cold. Even better with a cuppa

> cosy nights in front of the fire with candles flickering, a good film and a mug of cocoa. 

> buying Autumn clothes. Knitwear, socks and thick pyjamas

> my Mom's rice pudding. With lashings of nutmeg. Perfect after a Sunday toast with the family 

> Christmas planning and the countdown to our annual trip to Paris. 

Autumn for us is particularly an exciting time for us this year as we are hoping to start work on demolishing and rebuilding our house!

What does Autumn mean for you?

2 comments:

  1. I love buying Autumn clothes, it's definitely my favourite season. It's the cosiest of all and the food is always the best, as I love soups and broths.

    But I agree, where has the time gone?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm heartwarming stews too. It only seems like 2 minutes ago that I was christmas shopping for last year! X

      Delete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x